Senior Software Engineer - Ruby
- Develop and support various business-related applications that are using: Ruby, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis and other technologies as needed.
- Assist with any migration activities involving any of the various applications.
- Integrate disparate web services and develop orchestrations to enhance our products and improve the user experience.
- Act as support and maintenance for on-going system support issues, bugs and security vulnerabilities
- Must be diplomatic, while effectively communicating (both orally and written) adhering to all matters related to confidentiality
- Actively create and update documentation related to the development and support of all the affected applications.
- Document technical solutions and articulate these solutions to both a business and technical audience
Essential Tech Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in the Ruby language, and a familiarity with the Rails application framework. Experience with multiple languages preferred.
- A strong understanding of PostgreSQL and Redis
- Previous use of queuing systems (ideally Sidekiq)
- Working knowledge of AWS infrastructure, covering: S3, RedShift/RDS, and ECS
- A familiarity with Docker, and deploying Docker containers via ECS
- Knowledge of standard source code management and build tools such as Jira, Git, GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
Bonus Tech Skills:
- Experience or knowledge of the Google APIs (specifically YouTube)
- Understanding or experience with ETL pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Python, as a handful of our ETLs are written in it.